||Office of Finance and Treasurer, Budget Office and Business Practice Improvement||
Work Hours per Week:
||New Mexico Avenue||
||Fall and Spring|
|American University’s Business Practice Improvement (BPI) team works with the campus community to improve the student, faculty, and staff experience at AU. We accomplish this by engaging campus stakeholders, researching best practices, analyzing organizational processes/policies, and making recommendations for positive institutional change. |
Would you like to make an impact in your own backyard? BPI is seeking highly qualified and motivated students for a paid, on-campus internship opportunity. In this role, you will gain viable post-graduation skills by directly managing business improvement plans and engaging in analytics activities for cross-divisional projects that support functions across the university.
BPI AREAS OF WORK:
• Business Practice Improvement
• Project Management
• Assist BPI staff in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements
• Perform research relevant to current team projects
• Draft process documentation and propose alternative solutions to identified gaps and obstacles in current business processes
• Participate in team meetings and project meetings with stakeholders as needed
|High School Diploma or its equivalent
|• Excellent written and oral communication skills |
• Strong customer service focus
• Independent research skills
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Process mapping or flowchart design experience beneficial, but not mandatory
• Candidates must be well organized and detail oriented
|• A sense of humor is a huge plus
|The BPI internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students at American University. Meet the team, and see examples of our current projects at www.american.edu/finance/bpi |
Interested candidates are encouraged to send your résumé, cover letter, and contact information for one professional reference to email@example.com along with completing the online application.