Position Title: Green Eagle Sustainability Interns 2012-13
Office of Sustainability
Work Hours per Week:
Fall and Spring
Green Eagle Interns
Green Eagles are part-time, paid ($10/hour) student interns hired to implement sustainable practices on campus and to conduct outreach to the university community, including in the residence halls as well as campus administrative and academic departments. Internships begin in August and run until the end of spring semester.
Residential Green Eagles
Resident students work in their residence halls as peer educators to increase sustainability within the campus resident population. Resident Green Eagles work an average of five hours per week, including mandatory weekly meetings. As paid workers, unexcused absences are considered grounds for termination.
Office Green Eagles
Office Green Eagles work an average of 15-20 hours per week to support campus greening activities that emphasize behavior change but might also include other project-based research, data collection, or administrative support, as determined by the needs of the Office of Sustainability.
Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply as are students living on or off campus.
-Outgoing personality and willing to serve as a leader
-Ability to build relationships that gain commitment to sustainability
-Passion for social responsibility and environmental sustainability
-Strong communications skills, or ability and interest in acquiring these skills
-Demonstrated record of reliability
-Ability to work independently as well as in teams
-Understanding of university organizational structure is a plus
-Skills with Microsoft Excel, graphic design, and video editing are advantageous
Once hired, Green Eagles will be placed within departments around campus and matched with a staff member who has volunteered to serve as the staff Green Eagle within the division. Previous experience working in and existing relationships with offices on campus is a plus but by no means required.
- There are1-2 Residence Hall Green Eagle positions available for each resident hall.
- There are 10 Office Green Eagle positions available.
- To apply:
1) Complete the AU Application
2) Attach a Resume of accomplishments, especially as relates to the activities relevant to the Green Eagle program, such as environmental courses, volunteer work, internships, or any additional information that supports your candidacy as a Green Eagle.
3) Attach a Cover Letter - Describe why you want to be a Green Eagle, why you think you would do a good job, and outline your greatest sustainability concern. Be sure to specify if you are applying to be a Resident Green Eagle or an Office Green Eagle.
if you would like to apply for this position.
Make note of the Job Title to reference once logged in.